Double Bonus Teacher Spotlight: Mr. Holzer & Mr. Sivillo

Mattie Groninger, Staff Writer

Mr. Dan Holzer is known for being one of–if not the–biggest Pantherfan Upper St. Clair has ever seen. From coaching his players on the court to rallying students before class meetings at the beginning of the year, you can’t help but get fired-up after Holzer’s Panther-proud pep talks. Aside from displaying his school spirit at sporting events and class meetings, Mr. Holzer also teaches the Academic American History class at the high school, which is full of fun learning and, of course: Panther spirit.Holzer Sivillo

Q: What is your perfect pizza?

A: Cheese pizza from MmmMmm Pizza… I love their pizza.

Q: Would you be willing to eat a bowl of crickets for $40,000?

A: I would not eat a bowl of crickets for $40,000. I would rather work for it. (Ed. note: We assume he means the money, not the crickets!!)

Q: If you could lock any other teacher at the high school in a room for the day to torment him/her, who would you choose and how would you do it?

A: I would not want to torment any of my Panther teacher teammates!

Q: If you could only have one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?

A: Grilled Chicken

You probably know Mr. Ron Sivillo as being the quirky and wonderful freshman Honors and MYP Civics/Geography teacher–or, maybe as the International Man of Mystery who also teaches World Geography and Asian and Middle Eastern Studies. For those not familiar with his cross-cultural work in the classroom, let’s take a little trip down to Sivillo Town.

Q: What is your perfect pizza?

A: First, it would definitely would have to be made in a wood-fired oven.  Maybe a simple Margherita-style pie with fresh tomatoes, oregano, basil…and, of course, mozzarella rounds.  LOADS of garlic, too. Yum! Sometimes simple is better!

A: Absolutely!  But if they were alive, I might want another, say, $10,000.  (Crickets, I hear, are good for you!)

Q: If you could lock any other teacher at the high school in a room for a day to torment him/her, who would you choose and how would you do it?

A: I would lock Mr. Kirchner in a room and show him pictures of New England QB Tom Brady: Tom in uniform, Tom at home, Tom with Giselle…really, just Tom Brady anywhere.  He couldn’t leave the room until he professed his undying admiration for both Tom and his coach, Bill Belicheck.

A: Oh man – that’s a tough one… a bowl of Honey Bunches of Oats with vanilla soy milk, and a peanut butter and banana sandwich! Yummy!